The Audi RS 5 Sportback arrives in Spain above 100,000 euros

Audi RS5 Sportback

Although the Audi RS 5 Sportback strong> was unveiled almost a year ago -at the end of March 2018- at the New York Hall, it has not been until now when the German firm has made official its arrival in our market . The five-door coupe can already be ordered from Audi dealers, although for this you have to pay out 103,000 euros according to the official price.

As you know, the coupe bodies of two doors are getting less and less stuck in the market, and that is the good designs of the new models in four and five doors , added to the greater practicality daily of the latter , have led brands to put more effort. The Sportback bodywork was previously only up to the Audi S5 Sporback, but now we can enjoy all the benefits of the RS 5.

Audi RS5 Sportback

The mechanics of the Audi RS 5 Sportback is identical to that of its brother Coupé and, logically, to that of the Audi RS 4 Avant. We are talking about an engine of 2.9 liters V6 biturbo, which develops 450 HP and 600 Nm of torque. It is a very flat propeller, because its maximum torque is available from 1,900 to 5,000 laps. It is associated with an eight-speed Tiptronic transmission that, according to the Ingolstadt guys, is optimized for sports driving.

The images correspond to North American versions. No images have yet been published for the European market.

As you may already be imagining, all this energy of the 2.9 V6 is sent to the asphalt through the quattro all-wheel drive system , which further improve its effectiveness uses a self-locking central differential. Under normal driving conditions, 40% of the torque goes to the front axle and the remaining 60% to the rear axle. However, if the adhesion is not adequate, you can pass up to 70% to the front end or 85% to the rear axle.

Audi RS5 Sportback

On the other hand, it should be noted that with the suspension standard Audi RS 5 Sportback stays 7 millimeters closer to the soil compared to S5; but if you intend to squeeze it many times and, above all, in circuit, the best thing is that you bet on the RS plus sports suspension with the Dynamic Ride Control, for the ceramic brake discs and by the dynamic RS address of specific settings.

Any of us will like to have an RS 5 in our garage and be able to enjoy it regularly, but the starting 103,000 euros are difficult to reach by good part of mortals. If this is not your case, you should know that the first deliveries to customers will take place in the middle of this year.

You may be interested